San Antonio is a wonderful place to call home. The warm weather, almost year round sunshine, and lower cost of living make it one of the best cites in the nation. So it’s no wonder that the United States military has established a very large presence here. With several large bases including Lackland Air Force Base, Randolph Air Force Base, Camp Bullis and of course Ft. Sam Houston, it is absolutely a military town. San Antonio is also a great town for military to find a beautiful home to buy while they are stationed here, or come back and retire in. Today I want to talk just a little bit about why it so beneficial to purchase a San Antonio home as a member of the United States Military.
We’ll be talking just a little later on about all of the amazing real estate programs for military personnel to take advantage of, but before we get to that why San Antonio?
- San Antonio has incredible infrastructure that supports members of the armed forces. With hospitals, gyms, shopping, and dining all on bases for military members and their families to enjoy you won’t find a place that does more to cater to and take care of their military. San Antonio is also full of businesses and groups that give discounts to military members and put on special events to give back and say thank you.
- San Antonio has a low cost of living. This has an effect on real estate, but also on all the other little aspects of life. Fuel prices, dining out, shopping, events, are all going to be less expensive in San Antonio than in many other cities. Even with this low cost of living San Antonio enjoys a healthy, steadily growing real estate market.
- San Antonio is great for military families. With strong schools, an abundance of parks and things to do and world class attractions; your family will have lots to keep you busy and entertained while spending time in San Antonio.
- San Antonio is a great place to retire. The military medical care and living facilities for retirees are outstanding and provide a wonderful place to spend your retirement.
- San Antonio housing market is incredibly strong. The real estate market in San Antonio is very strong and can make it possible to enjoy homeownership while you are stationed here and then sell or rent your house when you leave. A quick point to make on the rental side is the fact that the rental market in San Antonio is on fire! There are an abundance of ready, willing and qualified tenants, which continues to drive up rental rates. You can also come back and invest in San Antonio real estate and have a wonderful way to protect your assets and grow your retirement account.
Let’s talk a little bit now about the money, and why it makes sense, even if you are only going to be stationed in San Antonio for a short time, to buy a home. One of the main reasons is the financing opportunities for active duty military and veterans are incredible in Texas. Every military veteran has access to VA financing, which is second to none and allows veterans to purchase a home with as little as zero down and low closing costs. Texas, however, takes it a step further. The Texas Veterans financing program includes financing options for single family homes for Texas vets as well as financing for Texas vets to purchase land. The TXvet rates are hard to beat and the closing costs are very low. With a great market, tons of housing choices, steady appreciation and unbeatable financing options why wouldn’t you want to buy in San Antonio?
To sum up purchasing a home in San Antonio is putting yourself in a city that loves and cares about the military, has the infrastructure and cost of living to continue growing and facilitating a strong market, and gives you access to some of the best financing options in the nation! Check out some of the newest listings on the market and browse a full list of available San Antonio homes by using the button below.
- List View
- Map View
See all San Antonio.
(all data current as of 1/15/2021)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.